Friday, December 5, 2008

With What Comes

My Dear Friends,

My friend, Granny Gold, went on a pilgrimage in Portugal a few years ago. As she stood in front of a Madonna statue, she had a euphoric epiphany about all the people she loves and cares about and how they relate to her. I was counted among the people she thought of during her epiphany. That is an amazing feeling to be apart of someone else's spiritual moment. I remember reading an account of that moment with tears in my eyes.

Years later I asked a question about amazing people we have met. Mine was a Nepali artist who opened my heart with the simple touch of his hand as he said good bye. Granny Gold's? An ex-addict she met who saw the world with an incredible eye. The woman once said to Granny Gold, "Maybe another day, something else beautiful will happen."

"You know, Jet," Ganny Gold continued, "maybe we could all write the story of our lives using this as a framework. It's not what comes to us in life, it's what we do with what comes to us: that's who we are. Special people are coming to all of us every day."

Maybe that is what this little blog will be about; what we do with what comes to us.

Best wishes,
Jet

No comments: